Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Can I Pick Em or What? - ABNA Announces Finalists

The Amazon Breakthrough Novel Award finalists have been announced. I was so thrilled to see that among the six finalists picked in the contest, they included Phyllis T. Smith's I am Livia. It was one of the entries in the historical fiction category. In my last ABNA-related post, I pegged it as one of the best entries overall, as the writing was strong and engaging from the first page. The story is set during the Roman period, a tale about the beginnings of Livia, the future wife of Augustus Caesar. Check it out if you have the chance. Congratulations to Phyllis Smith and all the other finalists.

5 comments:

Anita Davison said...

Sultana should have got a prize too - it's a superb story!

Lisa Yarde said...

Thank you, sweetie, but I did get one of sorts - yesterday someone on Twitter told me how much they loved the story and she's dying to read Sultana's Legacy.It's the little things.

Phyllis T. Smith said...

Than you, Lisa! I really appreciate it coming from you--another writer of historical novels and a Brooklyn based one at that! I broke my thumb during the early part of the ABNA competition. I had all sorts of plans to network with other historical fiction writers and instead I was laying around like a zombie on pain meds. Okay, so this is another chance!

Lisa Yarde said...

Congrats again, Phyllis. I already cast my vote for you to win, and hope you're feeling better

Phyllis T. Smith said...

Thanks, I'm feeling better or my thumb is! Scary for a writer to have her right hand out of commission so it's a big relief now to be able to write easily once more. Thanks again for your kind comments about my book!

Announcing: SULTANA: THE WHITE MOUNTAINS, available December 2, 2017

It's been a monumental journey.... But Sultana: The White Mountains is almost here. The e-book will debut on December 2, 2017. Pre...