A novella that empowers bystanders to stand up to bullying
- standing up to bullies takes courage, but we all have to do it if we want a world free of bullying.
- there are ways to handle being bullied, and ultimately, if you feel good about yourself and strong inside you’ll be able to handle it okay and you’re more likely not to be bullied.
- The book provides, as an integral part of the story,
- analogies as a way to help people remember methods for handling the bullying and the anger that comes from it.
- meditation instructions as a way to practice staying calm and clear-headed so you can do it even in the face of abuse.
- Bullies are often bullied themselves. They bully because they aren’t happy in themselves. They feel weak and powerless and they pick on those they feel are easy targets. To stop the bullying in the long term, they need to be helped to feel better about themselves, treated with kindness not hatred. They are not bad people, they just behave badly. They are sick, not evil.
- to cure the problem in the long term, the victim and the bully both need the same thing. They need to develop a good self esteem. Feeling good about yourself is like an immunisation against the disease of bullying for both sides of the problem.
Files for all devices: https://www.smashwords.com/books/view/174488